WAFFLEMAKERBAY provides free-content on waffle-maker products, related accessories, valuable tips, product reviews and much more. When you buy through links in our site we may earn an affiliate commission.
A waffle house far from home can save the day in a couple of your lazy weekends. But because they are tasty, healthy, and downright addictive, think about how much money the guys at the waffle house are milking from your pocket every month.
And then, think about how many times you’d actually eat waffles for cheap if you made them yourself from the comfort of your home.
Knowing too well that you can save a buck or more by preparing your favorite breakfast waffle from home, isn’t it the time you invested in the best waffle maker once and for all?
We put together the top 10 best units to make your favorite waffles to help you make the right choice on what’s best waffle iron to buy.
Whether you are in the market for a top-rated, biggest bang for your bucks waffle irons or you need anything that’s easy on the wallet, you will find this guide useful.
- 1 Top Rated Waffle Makers Comparison & Rating Chart
- 1.1 Top 3 Picks of the Best Belgian Waffle Irons in Summary
- 1.2 Top Waffle Makers Reviews – We Picked the Best Irons for the Money
- 1.2.1 1. Breville the Smart 4-Slice – Best Four-Piece Waffle-Maker
- 1.2.2 2. All-Clad 99012GT – Best Classic Waffle Maker
- 1.2.3 3. Breville BWM520XL – Best NonStick Waffle-Maker
- 1.2.4 4. Breville BWM604BSS the Smart Waffle Batter
- 1.2.5 5. Cuisinart WAF-F20 – Best Flipping Double Waffle-Maker
- 1.2.6 6. KRUPS – Cheap 4 – Piece Waffle-Maker With Removable Grids
- 1.2.7 7. Hamilton Beach – Best Single Belgian Waffle-Maker With Removable Plates
- 1.2.8 8. Chef’sChoice 840 – Best Thin and Crispy Waffle-Maker
- 1.2.9 9. Ovente Electric Indoor Sandwich Grill and Waffle Maker Set
- 1.2.10 10. Breville BWM620XL – Best Double Waffle-Maker
- 1.2.11 11. Villa Ware 2007 UNO Series Waffle Boat Maker
- 1.2.12 12. VillaWare V2002 UNO Belgian Waffler
Top Rated Waffle Makers Comparison & Rating Chart
Top 3 Picks of the Best Belgian Waffle Irons in Summary
1) Smart 4-Slice Waffle Maker
Breville is known as the smart brand with trust. Their Smart 4-Slice Waffle Maker is a top quality product that’s been in use far and beyond Australia. And, it is – to this day – one of the best options on the market.
The Smart 4-Slice is for impatient people. It is a good option for people who don’t want to wait between removing a cooked waffle an adding some new batter.
This is made possible by the preheating time feature.
2) All-Clad 99012GT
I did find a good option that’s worth trying if you are looking for consistency, and that’s the All-Clad 99012GT .
What I love about this unit is that it bakes waffles perfectly, usually from edge to edge, no matter the type batter you choose.
3) Breville BWM520XL
The BWM520XL from Breville is another option that’s hard not to love.
It is called the no-nonsense waffle maker that bakes your favorite waffles in the shortest time possible.
BWM520XL is the only waffle maker in the Breville waffle series that includes a long chord, which is quite helpful in special events.
Top Waffle Makers Reviews – We Picked the Best Irons for the Money
Best 4-Piece Waffle-Maker
- Stainless steel housing
Best Classic Waffle-Maker
- Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker
Best Non-Stick Waffle-Maker
- Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker_Non stick surface
The Smart Waffle-Maker
- Stainless Steel Housing
- Waffle IQ 5-browing settings
Best Flipping Double Waffle-Maker
- Stainless Steel Housing
- Bakse Two Waffle at once
Best 4-pc Removable Plates Waffle-Maker
- Stainless Steel
- Makes 4 Square Waffles - Removable Plates
- Cheapest Wafffle Maker
- Makes Round Waffles
- Flips & Removable Plates
Best Thin Waffle Maker
- Thin & Crispy Wafffle Maker
- Waffles is ready in 90 seconds
Best Sandwich & Waffle Maker Set
- Sandwich & Wafffle Maker
Best Double Waffle Maker
- Double Wafffle Maker
Best Waffle Boat Maker
VillaWare 2007 UNO
- Stainless Steel
- Variable heat settings
Best Round Belgian Waffle Maker
VillaWare 2002 UNO
- 7 Browning settings
1. Breville the Smart 4-Slice – Best Four-Piece Waffle-Maker
What started in 1932 as a small brand in Australia is now a big business trading in more than 30 countries. Creating Quality products is the reason for their growth. And, they have the Breville Smart 4-Slice Waffle Maker to show for it.
There is a lot to love about Breville Smart 4-Slice. What particularly caught my attention, though, is that you do not have to wait any second between removing an already cooked waffle and adding a new batter, thanks to the absence of preheating time.
As such, people that have big families can make best tasting waffles in large numbers in the shortest time possible.
The IQ system is a powerful technology that makes the Breville Smart stand out from the competition. And the reason is this: each time the waffler is running, the IQ system automatically calculates baking time as per your preference.
But what does this really mean? It means that unlike had to use, manual, traditional waffle makers, Breville does the timing for you instead of letting determine the timing on your own.
- You get a good warranty, so you are protected for a very long time as a customer
- Besides the countdown timer, there is a sound alert system that’s good for notification in between periods of baking your waffles
- There is no waiting time between cooking waffles
- This stuff is quite heavy. So, you cannot move it from point to point with ease. But then again, I don’t see why you would want to move it around quite too often
- The biggest problem isn’t with the weight to be frank. The problem is with the number of waffles it can take. This one only takes two slices of waffles, making it a bad option for people who expect more.
2. All-Clad 99012GT – Best Classic Waffle Maker
Known to produce best tasting waffles by cooking almost perfectly from edge to edge, regardless of the type of batter you choose to use, this cookery makes the best choice for those who are looking for something they can use every time.
What you will love about this unit is how easy it is to use. In fact, you should get used to operating the device in less than a week or so.
You’ll also love the fact that the unit is easy to setup and takes less time to clean.
All-Clad 99012GT Waffle maker is a compact unit. So, besides taking up the smallest kitchen’s space possible, it is also quite easy to store. You have to be very careful with the metal knob, though. It usually shut when you store the waffle.
The next time you need to use the unit, make sure you unclip the knob. Failure to do so means the unit getting hot, which – of course – isn’t safe for you.
- All-Clad is known as the most convenient waffle maker out there
- You will love this unit because it features 6 browning settings
- An alert sound is enabled. This is an important feature that you’ll need when cooking, so it is an added advantage
- The unit is compact, so it shouldn’t take up much space in your kitchen. It’s a good option for people with limited space are in their kitchen
- There is a lock on the lid
- If you are looking for a waffle maker that can make big waffles, All-Clad Stainless doesn’t even come close. It is suitable only for people who don’t mind baking small waffles.
3. Breville BWM520XL – Best NonStick Waffle-Maker
Most Breville units don’t include cords on them, but the BWM520XL does. The long cord is especially significant in special occasions, because – in such instances – you would need a bit more room.
What you will love about Breville BWM520XL is that it comes with a number of temperature controls. So, you can choose what’s more preferable for the type of waffle you would like to make.
And given that the unit heats up fast, you don’t have to wait too long before your waffles start to cook.
Breville BWM520XL beeps in three instances. The first been is when the unit is hot enough to cook your waffles. The second beep comes when the unit returns to cooking temperature. The unit also beep when your waffles are ready.
I do appreciate the run-off channel for extra batter. But I think this offer was a very bad idea. That’s because it makes the waffle difficult to get out. In any case, you will have a lot of cleanup to do. So, to make your work easier, it would be best if you don’t overload the unit.
- The BWM520XL is easy to store. Also, the unit won’t open up when pulled from the storage location.
- The heat alert is a very important feature because it lets you know when the unit is hot. This means you can comfortably watch your cooking time
- Breville BWM520XL is the best unit for rich, brown waffles, thanks to the higher cooking temperature. In fact, this is the only waffle maker on our list that has the highest cooking temperature.
- The drip edge can be a pain in the ass, especially if it makes the waffle hard to get out. But you can get around this by brushing the edge with cooking oil
- You might have issues with sticking. That’s because the plates are made of aluminum
4. Breville BWM604BSS the Smart Waffle Batter
When it comes to waffle makers, they take the cake for their BWM604BSS, aka the Smart Waffle-Maker.
Whether you are up for a quick morning preparation or you are desperate for the no-mess mornings, this model can bake your batter into the most irresistible waffle bites in the shortest time possible.
In fact, Breville BWM604BSS is said to be the waffle batter that bakes waffles exactly the way you like – and it lives up to its promise.
This unit measures 15.8 by 8.8 by 18.5 inches. This means it’s quite big. If you are limited on kitchen space, it might not be a good idea to buy this. But if space isn’t your problem, Breville BWM604BSS will definitely make a good fit.
The unit weighs about 14.3 lbs. It’s somewhat bulky, in my opinion. But, how much it weighs should not be an issue if you don’t plan to move it around quite often.
Breville BWM604BSS features 5 power settings, different waffle options, and an easy-to-read display. Whether you love chocolate and butter milk waffle or you are a super fan of Belgian or classic waffle, you can use this unit to bake them.
That’s not all; there is a custom waffle option that lets you choose the kind of waffle that you would like to bake.
- You do not have to guess whether the Breville BWM604BSS is preheated enough. This unit will alert you automatically when it’s time for baking.
- Nobody loves to wait for the preheating of a waffle-iron, which is exactly why this does not have one.
- You can prepare as many waffles as you can in the shortest time possible
- This unit is very easy to clean
- While this waffle is a good option to bring home to your kitchen, you can’t jump off the cliff for it if you are on a budget. That’s because it is not easy on the wallet.
5. Cuisinart WAF-F20 – Best Flipping Double Waffle-Maker
Made for the lovers of the highly praised Belgian waffles, the Cuisinart WAF-F20 can change the morning meal from ordinary to extra special.
In practice, this waffle iron can make two waffles on the go. They do not just look delicious.
They are an inch extra deep and quite fluffy and light on the inside. The integrated rotary handle eases the process of flipping a waffle up to an angle of 180 degrees to make sure they cook evenly on both sides.
The properly coated grids are non-stick, so it is quite easy to dislodge the cooked waffles from the iron without worrying about dealing with a mess.
Thanks to the 6 adjustable temperature con troll settings, you can customize your baking on the go so that the waffles have a browning effect to your liking.
Weighing just 13 pounds, this isn’t quite a lightweight unit in the Cuisinart waffle iron series. But it gets the job done quite well.
6. KRUPS – Cheap 4 – Piece Waffle-Maker With Removable Grids
And the best part is that it makes 4 waffles on the go, making it a good option for people that have large families that love to eat waffles for breakfast.
This waffle iron has an alert system that kind of take guesswork out of the way. The light indicator does at least three things.
First, it tells you if the machine is on. Second, it alerts you when the grids are hot enough to take the batter. Third, the indicator lights and the audio alert beeps when the waffles are already cooked and ready to remove from the iron.
With the 5 adjustable browning settings, you can take full control of your baking session and make your waffles look exactly like you want them to be.
7. Hamilton Beach – Best Single Belgian Waffle-Maker With Removable Plates
The Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle is one of the cheapest waffle irons on the market. So, if you are on a tight budget but still in dire need of a waffle maker, then this will definitely make a good choice.
This waffle maker has non-stick plates, so the waffles that you make are going to come out with ease. Also, these plates are removable, so they should be easy to clean after use and put back in place.
The drip tray and the grids are removable as well as dishwasher safe, so they should be easy to clean, too.
Even with Hamilton Beach, you can make your waffles look and taste exactly the way you want them. Make them lighter or darker by using the adjustable browning control. With this waffle iron, you can flip your waffles with ease, easily make them fluffy on the inside, and crisp on the outside.
8. Chef’sChoice 840 – Best Thin and Crispy Waffle-Maker
When cooking one waffle at a time doesn’t make any sense, the Chef’sChoice 840 can solve the problem. While not common in most homes like the Cuisinart and Warring Pro irons, the Chef’sChoice makes 5 delicious, heart-shaped waffles at a time.
There is an integrated baking system, the unique quad, which lets you customize the color, flavor, and texture of your waffles so they look exactly the way you want them. Chef’sChoice makes regular, traditional waffles.
They are not too thick like the Belgian. And they are not thin, either. Given their size, they cook a lot faster than the Belgian waffles, and they are still as tasty and delicious just like the Belgian waffle.
The Chef’sChoice 840 also has a floating top baking plate. This one is unique addition that evenly distributes the batter on the waffle grind to ensure the uniform thickness of the waffles.
9. Ovente Electric Indoor Sandwich Grill and Waffle Maker Set
Ovente provide you with the convenience you require by introducing their time-saving Electric Sandwich Maker, which has 3 interchangeable nonstick frying plates for preparing hot, delectable sandwiches, crispy waffles, or grilled meats.
Because of its removable plates, Ovente’s Non-Stick Electric Sandwich Maker is easier to clean than other sandwich makers. Its detachability avoids germ buildup induced by food accumulation. The 750 Watt (120V) Ovente Electric Sandwich Maker makes cooking easier and faster. It also features LED indication lights that tell you when your meal is done cooking.
Some people miss breakfast in order to get to work on time, but you’ll never skip breakfast again with this sandwich maker! Goodbye, hectic mornings, and welcome, healthier, more punctual you! Aside from these advantages, the cool-touch handle and anti-skid feet of this gadget provide safety, stability, and comfort.
- Comes with interchangeable plates for sandwich, waffle, and grill
- LED indicator lights let you know when the power is on and the plates are ready for cooking
- Non-stick plates are detachable for hassle-free cleaning
- Inconsistent heating
- No drip pan
10. Breville BWM620XL – Best Double Waffle-Maker
When you have a Breville BWM620XL 2 Slice, you can make the best waffle batter even with the stickiest ingredients known to you. Breville BWM620XL is known as the maker that knows the best cooking time.
Unlike many waffle irons that get things in the kitchen somewhat messy, Breville BWM620XL is the golden unit that lets you make crispy and tasty waffles without the mess.
In fact, the unit is quite easy to clean, thanks to the cook’s overflow and wrap-around moat catches.
The plates are high quality, but they don’t easily come out for cleaning. You can get around this issue by simply coating the sides of the plate with spray or oil.
Once the plates out come out, though, cleaning them is as easy as you can imagine. I bet it won’t take you more than half an hour to clean the unit.
I recommend cleaning the unit immediately after making the last waffle. You’d have to let it cool first to avoid burning yourself by error.
- Breville doesn’t compromise on the durability of this unit. Like other versions in their series, BWM620XL can last for months before the idea of replacing it comes to your mind.
- The cooking plates are not sticky; so this waffler should be easy to clean
- A countdown timer is integrated
- Besides the thermal engineered cook plates, there is also a sound alert that notifies you when your waffle is ready
- There is no need to wait between cooking waffles
- The unit is very heavy. This means it is not going to be easy to move it around as often as you would probably like
- Unfortunately, this unit takes only two slices of waffles
11. Villa Ware 2007 UNO Series Waffle Boat Maker
But, just because it doesn’t come from a brand that you are probably used to doesn’t make it an ordinary waffle-maker from a mediocre company.
In fact, it is a no-nonsense, no run-of-the-mill waffle iron for 6-inch round boat-like waffles for a perfect savory mixture.
And when you are done with baking your waffle, you can add any of your favorite topping to it for a tasty dessert.
Toppings like ice cream, ice cream, and jam makes some of the best addition that you can combine with your waffle when ready.
Thanks to the special cooking plates, making boat shape waffles is easy and the process is fast. Once the appliance is plugged in, it takes less than 10 seconds to heat up, so you can get straight to the business of making your favorite boat waffles.
You get a light signal accompanied by a beep as soon as the machine is ready for cooking. Also, the unit will bake the waffles according to your custom browning settings, then bake the waffle to perfect in the shortest time possible.
- The deep pockets of 2007 UNO are hard not to love. You can top these pockets with as many toppings as you like.
- Because the unit is easy to use, both adults and kids can use it to make their best waffles in the shortest time possible.
- The product has a 3 year warranty, effective from the time of purchase
- This waffler turns itself on immediately you plug it in. This is a bit of a turn off, unless, of course, you are okay with plugging and unplugging the power extension.
- That the on and off switch is missing is pretty lame to be frank
- It is not as consistent as you’d expect, but it still works fine
12. VillaWare V2002 UNO Belgian Waffler
I can only think of adding ho, fresh waffles to your breakfast as the only way to make that food more inviting.
And what’s a better way to make the best waffle than with Villa Ware C2002 Uno Belgian Waffler. What we love about this waffler is that it produces 7.5-inch round waffle, which is an inch and quarter thick.
Also, you will love the spill trough and the extra thick grinds because they keep overflow to a minimum.
Villa Ware V2002 Belgian Waffler features 7 browning settings, which you can use to color you waffles exactly the way you would want them.
Also, this waffler has ON and OFF lights that lets you know when the system is powered and shut down. The ready bake light lets you know that it is time to start baking your waffles.
- Villa Ware V2002 is easy to clean, so it should take you less than an hour to clean all the parts
- This waffler is the best option for people who are looking for a product that will last for the long haul
- You will love this unit because of the easy time setting
- As good as Villa Ware V2002 is, this product is not easy on the wallet. If you are on a budget, we recommend that you check other options on our list.
- Some people find this unit quite difficult to clean. But, should you choose to own one, it should take you a short time to get used to cleaning it anyway.